We are excited to announce the public opening of the MOOC on Adaptive Delta Management Developed by DeltaCap project.
A free & online course on (climate) information services to support planning and decision-making in context of the BDP2100.
The course reaches out to a diverse audience: including planning and water management agencies, consultancy companies, researchers, policy-makers and students. The course is rather broad than in-depth in nature. It provides an introduction to the available Climate Information Services in Bangladesh, the principles of Adaptive Delta Management and the goals of the BDP2100. This will allow course students to reflect on how climate information services may support their own work, to achieve a climate robust Bangladesh.The objective of the course is:
To support the adoption of a long-term and integral perspective in spatial planning and water management in the implementation of the BDP2100 by using climate information services. This is done by explaining and demonstrating how climate information services can be used for (1) acquiring, assessing and tailoring climate data for a specific use case, (2) communicating climate information to different stakeholders, and (3) using climate information in a decision-making context to drive policy and action in context of the BDP2100 and ADM.
Official Launching of the Course
When: Thursday 12th September 2019 at 12:30 pm
Where: Bangladesh Water Resources Planning Organization (WARPO)
Address: WARPO Bhaban, 72, Green Road, Dhaka 1215, Bangladesh.
After successful completion of the lessons, students will be awarded with a certificate.
How to follow the course for FREE!!!
- Go to the course Click Here
- Click the button “Create new account”
- Fill in the information for the new account including a username, a password, and your email.
- You will receive an email. Click on the confirmation link in that email.
- Now visit the course site (https://courses.deltacapproject.net/course/view.php?id=19) again. Click “Enroll me”. When asked provide the ‘enrolment key’. For this course the enrolment key is ‘bd123’ (no quotes). You have to do this only one time. After this step, you can use the link above to access the course (you have to provide your username and password that you created during your registration!).
- Now you can start learning. We suggest you start with the section “Course Instructions”. GOOD LUCK!